Locksmithing is an old trade, but it has evolved over time. Locksmiths in Omaha are trained to service traditional problems such as replacing and fixing door locks, mechanical safes and car locks, but many also install master-key systems, monitor electronic locks and building security systems. A Locksmith in Omaha is more than just locksmithing, it’s a craft, and here is why.
A Locksmith in Omaha is a Craftsman
Historically, locksmiths constructed or repaired an entire lock, including its constituent parts. The rise of cheap mass production has made this less common; the vast majority of locks are repaired through like-for-like replacements, high-security safes and strongboxes being the most common exception. Many locksmiths also work on any existing door hardware, including door closers, hinges, electric strikes, and frame repairs, or service electronic locks by making keys for transponder-equipped vehicles and implementing access control systems.
Not All Locksmiths are Certified and Formally Trained
Licensing is required for locksmiths in less than 20 states. The good news is that all locksmiths in Nebraska are required to maintain a valid registration certificate (or license) issued by the county clerk in which the business is located, and demonstrate a proficiency in locksmithing by passing a comprehensive locksmithing exam.
Employers typically require locksmiths to have at least 1-5 years of locksmithing experience. A Locksmith in Omaha can gain professional experience through a locksmithing educational program or a professional apprenticeship. Some employers may provide on-the-job training programs, which don’t require newly hired locksmiths to have professional experience.
A professionally trained locksmith with Carl Jarl Group is also a security professional. You can expect us to handle the following:
- Install locks, deadbolts and other mechanical or electronic locking devices to safeguard homes, businesses, and vehicles
- Modify or repair such devices
- Rekey locks
- Make duplicate keys or cards,
- Generate or program new keys/cards for locks whose keys/cards have been lost
- Respond to emergency calls to unlock vehicles, homes and businesses that have been locked accidentally, or whose locks have malfunctioned.
- Install and service electronic alarm and surveillance systems
- Design, provide, install and service electronic access control systems
- Maintain security hardware and software for computer systems
Although the fitting and replacement of keys remains an important part of locksmithing, modern locksmiths also help with:
- installation of high quality lock-sets and the design
- management of keying and key control systems
Carl Jarl Locksmiths | Omaha Locksmith Services
Always use the services of a trusted local Locksmith/Home Security Company. Carl Jarl Locksmiths offers products and services to make your home safe and secure. Your Security is our top priority.
Choose experience and peace of mind. Carl Jarl Locksmith’s prompt and dependable Locksmith service in Omaha is just a phone call away.
We have been providing full service locksmith and security services to the Omaha community since 1892, and are the #1 choice for your security needs. At Carl Jarl Locksmiths, we take our responsibility seriously and understand that security issues are very personal. Your Security is our Business. Contact Carl Jarl Locksmiths