With the new school year comes many new challenges for you and your children. Make sure they understand the safety precautions they need to take going to and from school, and ensure they have their house keys with them every day. Here are some back to school security tips in Omaha.
Back to School Security Tips
Develop a plan before you go back to school
Discuss with your children what time they should leave for their bus stop, or what route they will take when walking, and how to enter and exit your home safely. The more you discuss the different safety tips with your children the more prepared and safe they will be.
Secure your home
Be sure that all doors and windows have properly functioning locks because most break ins occur because of an unlocked door. Never store your spare keys outside of the home ( keep them with a neighbor or close friend).
Invest in a home security system
- Install a Biometric lock on your home which allows entry with just a pin code or fingerprint. Adding one of these high security locks to your home not only increases the level of security at your property, but also ensures that no matter what, your children will be able to get inside with or without their keys.
- Consider a CCTV camera at the entry of your home as well as in back. Allow yourself the peace of mind of being able to see when your children arrive home from school or practice while you are away at work.
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras can produce images or recordings for surveillance purposes, and can be either video cameras, or digital stills cameras.
Closed circuit television is one of the most common and effective security systems that you can have installed in your business or residence to help catch or prevent criminals. CCTV allows for you to have a camera constantly watching your home, and records every moment that goes on. This can be effective in not only helping to catch criminals after they have completed the crime, but these camera system can also help to be deterrent that prevents criminals from even striking in the first place.
Keep in mind these features when considering a Security System:
- Motion Detection: Cameras with motion detection security can be set to be motion activated, recording footage when motion triggers them.
- Field of View: Field of View refers to the width of area a camera can record. This will help you decide how many cameras you’ll need and where you should place them.
- Sound: Cameras with both a microphone and speaker can double as an intercom.
- Resolution: Resolution is how clear the image from your camera will be. A clear, quality image will show faces and items.
- Wi-Fi Capability: A camera with Wi-Fi can communicate with your home network wirelessly.
- Night Vision: How your camera records images in low to no light situations is important because often criminal activity can happen at night.
Carl Jarl Locksmiths | Omaha Locksmith Services
Always use the services of a trusted local Locksmith/Home Security Company. Carl Jarl Locksmiths offers products and services to make your home safe and secure. Your Security is our top priority.
Choose experience and peace of mind. Carl Jarl Locksmith’s prompt and dependable Locksmith service is just a phone call away.
We have been providing full service locksmith and security services to the Omaha community since 1892, and are the #1 choice for your security needs. We realize that trust, honesty and quality service build long lasting relationships. At Carl Jarl Locksmiths, we take our responsibility seriously and understand that security issues are very personal. Your Security is our Business. Contact Carl Jarl Locksmiths