- In more than 50% of all residential burglaries, entry is gained through a door.
- More than 85% of break-ins are committed by non-professional burglars, who are usually desperate and dangerous individuals.
- 50% of all burglaries occur during the day.
- Good quality locks and key control systems are your first line of defense against a break-in.
Always use the services of a trusted local Locksmith/Home Security Company. Carl Jarl offers products and services to make your home safe and secure. Your Security is our top priority.
- We are licensed, bonded, and insured
- We provide immediate response
- We have a 24 hour locksmith dispatch center
- All our employees are background checked, wear uniforms, and arrive in our own identifiable service vehicles
- Make sure your garage, shed or property gates are closed once they are used. Purchase more secure locks for exterior property.
- Security Locks should be used on expensive equipment such as lawn mowers.
- When leaving your house, make sure that all garage doors are properly locked.
- Your door connecting to the garage should be made of solid wood or metal and should be properly secured with a strong lock and dead bolt.
- Always lock your car door when you come home at night.
- All your vehicles including bicycles and bikes should be locked and secured in a safe place.
- All external obstructions which can be used by thieves to hide like trees, shrubs and bushes should be trimmed back.
- Install exterior floodlights that work with motion sensors.
- Be sure to switch on at least one outdoor light in the evening.
Exterior Door Security
- Make sure that all the external doors are of solid hardwood or metal construction. Glass panels should be reinforced.
- Fit a deadbolt lock into the frame of the door.
- Always check if exterior doors are locked, even if you go out for a couple of minutes, and especially at night.
- Make sure your neighbor has your extra keys and never hide them under the front doormat.
- Check for damaged window frames and replace if needed.
- Secure every window in the house with a high security window lock.
General Security Around The Home
- Use a security safe for all your valuables.
- Have emergency telephone numbers next to your telephone box or in your mobile.
- Activate your alarm system when leaving your property.
- Make it look like someone is always home - Leave your lights on a timer so at night it will appear that your home is occupied. Leave a vehicle parked in your driveway to make thieves think someone is home. Have a trusted friend or neighbor pick up your mail, or put hold on your mail with the post office.
- Do not post travel plans on social media. - While it may be exciting to share your plans with friends, other people see your trip as a chance to burglarize your home.
- Don’t post pictures of expensive gifts you received online!
- Unplug your garage door openers - Some thieves will attempt to open the garage door with a universal garage door opener remote. Unplug your garage door opener before departing and make sure you lock your garage door if you operate it manually.
More Security Tips
- All doors should have a peep-hole or camera to identify people before opening the door.
- Important documents should be locked in a quality safe.. The safe should be bolted down to prevent theft of the entire safe during a break-in.
- Consider adding a security alarm system that communicates with an alarm monitoring center..
- Surveillance cameras are becoming easier to install and more affordable. Consider adding a system because they are excellent deterrents and can help identify an intruder.
- Review your insurance coverage with your insurance agent to make sure you are protected for all of the valuables in your home.
- Take video or pictures of all of your personal property, jewelry, and other valuables. Keep this DVD, CD, or flash drive in a safe, or in a safe deposit box.
- Mark your property with your name to identify your goods if they are recovered later.
Carl Jarl Group offers products and services to make your home safe and secure. From copying keys to installing safes, we take care of you and your family with quality products and friendly service. Your Security is our top priority.
Take five minutes now and get a good local locksmith’s phone number in your phone.Carl Jarl Group 402-393-7800 Our locksmiths are trained extensively in the locksmith field and have years of professional experience. We use the highest quality locksmith tools available, so you’ll get the best possible service. After all, your security is important to you – and it deserves the utmost care and respect.