Locksmith scams are carried out by call centers all across the country. They operate by manipulating Google Maps listings and paying large sums of money to advertise with AdWords. This allows them to capture the attention of panicked, locked-out people and dispatch unqualified subcontractors to their locations.
Beware Of Locksmith Scams in Omaha
Phony addresses, and toll-free phone numbers. Beware! The overwhelming majority of locksmiths with an 800 phone number are not legitimate.Typically, you’re connected to a call center. You may be quoted a price as low as “$25 to come out plus labor, and labor starts at about $10 for a basic lock”. The “locksmith” arrives in a van with no logo or markings with a scam in mind.
If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt at all – that means that if one or another company seem to be suspicious, for any reason (their real location, their estimated time of arrival, or anything else), it’s better to avoid dealing with them.
- No 800 numbers. Many scam locksmiths gain work through a 1-800 number that goes to a call center. Low estimates for the work are given and the locksmith is sent out. The locksmith does not work for this company, but generally pays for the referrals and works on his or her own.
- Check with the BBB. When you find a company check them out with the BBB before you call. Look for companies that are BBB accredited.
- Listen for a company name. Local, reputable locksmiths will answer their phone with a company name that can be crosschecked with the Better Business Bureau and online review sites. Make sure you hear it when you call.
- Look for the logo. Make sure the locksmith arrives in a van or truck with the company logo and is dressed in clothing with the logo.
- Get a written estimate and a receipt.
- Don’t allow extra services. If the locksmith cannot get a door open call another locksmith. Do not let him or her replace the lock.
Carl Jarl Locksmiths | Omaha Locksmith Services
Always use the services of a trusted local Locksmith/Home Security Company. Carl Jarl Locksmiths offers products and services to make your home safe and secure. Your Security is our top priority.
Choose experience and peace of mind. Carl Jarl Locksmith’s prompt and dependable Locksmith service is just a phone call away.
We have been providing full service locksmith and security services to the Omaha community since 1892, and are the #1 choice for your security needs. We realize that trust, honesty and quality service build long lasting relationships. At Carl Jarl Locksmiths, we take our responsibility seriously and understand that security issues are very personal. Your Security is our Business. Contact Carl Jarl Locksmiths